Facebook is the heavyweight in Social Media, and they provide new ways to engage with both current clients and potential customers.
The global user base is huge, as is the amount of time spent online. As Facebook continues to expand user / advertiser interaction options, the opportunities for businesses also expands…
By creating a Business / Fan Page for your business, club or organisation and promoting it is creative ways, you can gain credibility, ideas and customer information. You can also gain insights into what people like or dislike, and what else they might want.
Table of Contents
Facebook User Base
- Exceeds 500 million active users
- 50% of active Facebook users log in daily
- An average FB user has 130 friends
- User online time exceeds 700 billion minutes per month!
Activity on Facebook
- Users access +900 million objects monthly; pages, groups, events & community pages
- +80 community pages, groups and events accessed by the average user
- +90 content items generated each month by the average user
- +30 billion content items; links, news, blog posts, photo albums etc are shared monthly
FB is a Worldwide Network
- +70% of the Facebook user base are located outside the USA
- 70 languages translations available on FB
The FB Application Platform
When this page was written, the following stats applied;
- More than 1 million developers & entrepreneurs from over 180 countries
- Monthly, more than 70% of Facebook users engage with FB applications
- +550,000 active applications currently hosted on Facebook
- +1 million websites now integrated with Facebook
- +150 million people interact with Facebook from external websites monthly
Business Marketing & Face Book
From a purely business SEO perspective, using Facebook and SEO in the same sentence makes less sense than ever. Facebook’s revenue generation imperative caused a change of direction ages ago and your business Fb page cannot rank naturally. You can pay to make them seen, otherwise it’s just not going to happen…
People signed up by the millions because to exist in business, it was deemed mission-critical to be on Fb. Can anyone actually produce a reputable Fb SEO Case Study that shows how a normal small business has achieved significant ongoing success? I’d go further – can anyone even show me a set of small business website log files that show significant volumes of traffic from Fb as the referring site?
I review logfiles from a popular travel site that has used Fb “like” etc, Fb login options and has a business Facbook page with lots of friends and likes… Out of 225,000 visitors per month “Referring Sites” showed that there were 840 visitors from Facebook sources.
SEO and FaceBook
The leap of faith required to write a positive sentence that includes both “Facebook” and “SEO” is not dissimilar to that of rubbing a bottle and expecting a genie to appear… Having an Fb account which links to your main website is about as likely to increase your primary website traffic as a billboard on the moon is. If you are a serious business, frankly there are better uses of your time, money and intellectual expenditure… Yet, people do ask me if I have SEO package prices for Fb pages…
FaceBook & Advertising
Apparently, the primary user base is still kids, students, families, budding entrepreneurs and befuddled geniuses… Those demographics should sound the “zero ROI” marketing alarm for any intelligently run business. Fb generally has a one-fifth lower click-through rate (CTR) for advertisements than most major websites across the web.
Fewer Facebook’s users click on advertisements than users of many other large websites. Google searchers click on the 1st advertisement in search results approx 8% of the time. Facebook’s users click on advertisements an average of 0.04% of the time! Have YOU ever clicked on a FaceBook Advert?
Company Pages on FaceBook
Apparently, there are senior management who obsess over their company’s Facebook page… Why?
In 2010, Sophos’s “Security Threat Report 2010” polled over 500 firms, 60% of whom responded that they believed that Fb was the social network that posed the biggest threat to security. That’s aside from the billions of dollars of lost productivity!
A July 2010 survey performed by the American Customer Satisfaction Index, Fb received a score of 64 out of 100, placing it in the bottom 5% of all private sector companies in terms of customer satisfaction, alongside industries such as the USA’s IRS e-file system, airlines, and cable companies. Why did Facebook score so poorly? Privacy problems, frequent changes to the website’s interface, the results returned by the News Feed, and spam.
How to get Facebook SEO sorted out
We can help you get it all connected…
- Facebook Business Page Creation
- Adding Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube interactivity to your website
- Auto-publishing posts exerpts from your WordPress site to your Fb page
Contact Us for details…
Comments or questions are welcome.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form
Other Services: from your professional New Zealand SEO consultant:
- Expert NZ WordPress SEO consultancy
- How to Fix Penguin content penalties
- How to fix Panda content penalties
- Ecommerce SEO