Good WordPress website design incorporates design and SEO as integrated components of the core WordPress application.
This WP SEO optimization package focuses on generating accurate meta-data content and branding. We put in place the building blocks for SEO, and software generates search-engine-friendly URLs, page Titles, Descriptions, Google XML Sitemaps, HTML Sitemaps for visitors, and custom mechanisms for 404 error handling.
As well as the technical items, I will also help you get a verified listing on Google Local Business Search…
WordPress Search Engine Optimisation
WP SEO plugin installation and configuration is essential to achieve a decent position in SERPs. The default installation of WordPress has very few SEO factors enabled and it;
- May not produces search-engine-friendly page names (URL’s)
- Might duplicate H1 Headings across all pages in the header
- Does not include a Description meta-tag
- Does not include an HTML Sitemap
- Does not include a Google XML site map
- Does not prevent content duplication from archives, Author, Tags, Categories etc
- Does not optimise page load speeds
- Does not provide important security components
All of that is counter-productive in the age of the Panda algorithm which crushes page and site rankings for infringements ! Google and other search engines detest and punish duplicate content and if your WordPress CMS or Blog is to deliver optimum benefits to your business, you absolutely need to ensure that;
- Unique and original page content is presented to search engines
- Pages are accurately described so that their content can be assessed properly
- Trivial pages are set to noindex
- Duplication is kept to a minimum, and off-set by rel=”canonical” tags
- Outward links don’t bleed away your Page Rank
- Optimized page load speeds via image optimisation and caching
WordPress Can Attain #1 Rankings when Optimised Correctly
COSTS: from $1,695, for a website containing approximately 20+ pages and posts.
Simply ask me for a no-obligation WordPress Website SEO Audit and I will assess the issues, options and costs for you.
WP SEO Checklist
- Installation of the latest version of WordPress content management system
- Ensure that a mobile-responsive website design theme is in place
- Install and configure the best plugins for enhanced SEO performance (Yoast SEO)
- Ensure Contact Forms have anti-spam protection (captcha)
- Akismet configured to prevent comment spam, or comments are disabled
- Install Simple Sitemap to produce an HTML sitemap for visitors
- Configure Yoast SEO’s automated Google XML Sitemap generator for sitemap_index.xml
- Add a robots.txt file, including Sitemap path to refer search engines to the correct location
- Ensure robots.txt does not block Google from indexing core code – required to perform “mobile-friendly” assessments
- Exclude author and tags from indexing, along with vulnerable URLs
- Ensure custom 404 Page Not Found Error handling is in place
- Ensure Permalinks generate correctly formed Search Engine Friendly URL’s
- Install premium caching system for fastest possible page load times
- Install and configure a suitable WordPress Security Plugin – Wordfence and/or Ninja Firewall
- Review all current plugins, replacing those known to be slower with optimal ones
- Prepare a WordPress Maintenance Manual with instructions on how to care for the site
This will ensure you have a robust website that performs well on Google et al, and has the potential for rankings to be further refined and improved over time by manually writing individual Titles & Descriptions etc. An underlying goal is ensuring that the site is compliant with Google & Bing Webmaster Guidelines, and to avoid algorithmic penalties being applied to the site for inadvertent breaches of terms of service etc.
Tools for WordPress SEO Services
WordPress SEO plugin applications are where the powerful WP CMS really comes into its own! Multiple choice of excellent “plugins”provide solutions to all the issues mentioned above. There are SEO plugins which;
- Manually (or dynamically) generate unique Titles and Descriptions across pages and posts (Yoast SEO)
- Auto-generates Google XML Site Maps, and updates that at every page edit (Yoast SEO)
- Auto-generates HTML Site Maps , and updates as pages/posts are added (Simple Sitemaps)
- Auto-generates Table of Contents on pages, and updates as pages/posts are revised
- Improve page load speeds by “lazy loading” images
- Improve page load times by high-speed caching (WP Rocket/ W3 Total Cache)
SEF URLs (Search-engine-friendly page file names) are implemented by the Permalinks function in Admin / Settings / Permalinks. The recommended option is /%postname%/ because it is fast, accurate and generates minimal page load overhead. Turning this on auto-generates a mod_rewrite code block inserted into the website’s .htaccess file.
As part of optimising WordPress, we install and configure a well-tested suite of robust SEO plugins that propel us on the way towards outputting optimal accurately categorised pages and posts across the entire site. Included (but not limited to) are;
- Yoast SEO or All in One SEO Pack
- Google XML Sitemaps
- WP Sitemaps (HTML)
- Category Meta-tags
- Caching, image optimising
- Firewall Security
Incoming Link Portfolio Assessment
- Review the quantity and quality of inbound links for over-optimisation
- Assess deviation from “normal” link profile and potential for Penguin penalty
- Recommend link improvement strategy
As professional optimisers with 8+ years of providing WordPress SEO services, we know exactly what works and what does not.
Additional WP services;
Contact The SEO Guy now and we’ll accelerate your WordPress web site into the future!